Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ice, Ice Baby!

I love this weather! We had a little ice storm here last night. Most of the severe weather went north of us, so we did not lose power, but it was enough to transform our little corner of the world. I know ice makes travel problems, but I just think it's beautiful. Everything becomes almost crystal-like. I love it especially paired with a bleak winter sky. Of course, I love snow too and I wish we had a little snow for my girls to play in outside, but there is just something so transforming and almost dangerous about ice. It always makes me a little melancholy to see it melt away leaving behind very little evidence to show it was even here for a short time. What a lovely day it has been to be home in our little warm cocoon spending the day with the kids surrounded by a winter wonderland!



No comments: