Friday, January 23, 2009

Love These Moments

January has been the best month around here. Our social obligations have been ZERO. Our after school activities have been ZERO. Everyone has been healthy. It has been QUIET! I keep asking myself why I am not doing more during this "down" time. Why have I not been scrapbooking? Tagging clothes for the upcoming kids resale event? Why haven't I been organizing my files on the computer and backing up all of my precious pictures and music? Having lunch with old friends? Well, here's a glimpse of what I have been doing instead.



Nathan is crawling everywhere! He is discovering new rooms everyday and keeping me on my toes by picking up everything that is on the floor. The girls are getting used to having him crawl right behind them, getting into their things. They even complain that he is "tackling" them. I tried to explain that is what little brothers are for - getting into your stuff and tackling you. Here's a cute pic of an impromtu after school moment when the girls tried to make a "train." Lovely. This is the reason I am home. Too fun. Let's see, what else has transpired in January? My sister has officially moved back to Arkansas, so I now get to see her more than 3 times a year. She came to visit with her new boyfriend who seems really sweet and completely into her. We went bowling for the first time in what seems like forever! It was great fun and the girls really enjoyed their bowling experience. Marty planned a day trip for us to go to Hot Springs and to the horse races. I'll admit, I had to be gently forced to leave Nathan for that long, but we had a great time! We went with 2 other couples and it was so refreshing to have continuous adult conversation. I was instantly reminded that Marty and I need to take time for ourselves more often. Of course, with 3 kiddos, this is not always so easy.

Besides these things, I have been reading 2 books simulataneously and watching episodes of the Gilmore Girls again. It's a great way to spend January and I highly recommend it. I am thinking for February, I may do a "28 things I love" blog event. Or 28 things I love about kids. Since I am a structure-list lover kind of girl, I may really enjoy changing things up a bit. We are expecting an ice storm tonight and I can't wait! I hope we are iced in for 2-3 days! Marty and I have big plans to watch our last 3 episodes of season 2 of Dexter. Life is good!

1 comment:

Matt and Jolee said...

Hey! I didn't realize you had a blog... I'll have to catch up and add you to my sidebar...