Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Flying Solo

Recently, I have discovered what life would be like as a single mom. And let me tell you - it stinks! Marty has been out of town for the past 8 days with a back to back ski trip to Colorado and a business trip to Washington D.C. If I'm trying to look on the positive side, it's nice to be off schedule and do fun things with the kids like have pancakes for dinner and buy new pets (like the 2 hermit crabs that were adopted into the family this week.) But I really miss the adult interaction. This time of the day (4:30) is the worst because I am waiting for someone to come home that never arrives. There is no one with whom to share my day and tell all of my funny stories. My sister popped in for the weekend to help out with the kids and a soccer tournament. Thank goodness for some quality sister time and some sushi takeout!

In my boredom, I have been struck with the experimental cooking bug and have cooked this yummy pasta and this yummy salad. Delicious! They will definitely be going into my recipe rotation. Tonight the cooking streak ends with pizza and American Idol. Marty arrives home tomorrow, so we will make the most of the last girl's night. Oh yeah, can't forget about the little man. Here's a picture, just because he's so darn cute.

1 comment:

Matt and Jolee said...

I feel your pain!

Guess what? Matt's in DC too! Small world.