Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The armpit of Arkansas

We just finished our week of Spring Break around here and we cram packed it with some fun times! We took 2 days to drive to New Orleans and let Marty do a little work in south Arkansas along the way. Now if you've never been to south Arkansas, there is not much there to make your skirt fly up. Some of it is downright scary. I had an hour or two to find something to do with the kids in Camden, AR and luckily I came across this gem of a park that was canopied (is that a word?) in pine trees and shade. PICTURE TIME! The girls had a great time playing in the park and I had a great time shooting pictures of the kids. The conditions were great and I took some really nice shots. It's funny because the girls were in travel clothes and I hadn't even really fixed their hair that day since we left home at the crack of dawn. Still, they looked great - like the natural little beauties that they are. I guess sometimes you don't need fancy clothes and hairbows to have pretty girls. Nathan had so much fun being outside. He is just starting to explore the outside world and still wants to put everything in his mouth. He was fascinated with some sticks and leaves and tasted them all. Thank goodness for Photoshop so I could edit out all the bits of brown leaf bits on his face! More to come on our wonderful trip, but for now, I will leave you with some of the best from Camden - armpit of Arkansas.




1 comment:

Brandy said...

Your kiddos are beautiful!!