Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Stuck in the Middle With You

I had plans today. Plans that included a trip to Old Navy, making a meatloaf for dinner, more laundry, ironing, an episode of the Gilmore Girls (those last 3 items go together), and working on a Mother's Day project for my mom. Guess what I am doing instead of those fun things? Holding a sweet baby boy who is in a whole lotta pain from....constipation. (Hence the title of the blog. Clever, don't you think?) So, this has been going on for a week now. I thought last week's episode was a one time thing, but when the red faced grunting started again last night, I realized some things are going to have to change. 3 kids and I've yet to face this problem. Poor little guy just sticks his rear in the air and buries his head down and screams like a girl. Then he cries and only wants to be held. We've tried the usual - no rice, cheese or bananas, more juice and water, prunes, etc. A call to the dr.'s office hasn't turned up any other remedies. Part of the issue is that the boy just loves to eat. He turns his nose up at baby food or anything that requires him to be spoon fed. He would rather eat chicken and cheese, cheerios and pasta. Today, I am adding a few teaspoons of fiber to his bottles and hoping that this too, shall pass. Pun totally intended. Seriously though, if you are sitting on some tried and true home remedy for infant constipation, I would appreciate the tips! I've got a list to get finished!

I couldn't bring myself to take a picture of the little guy in pain, so instead here's a recent pic before he started wishing that Drano was multi-purpose and non-toxic.

No comments: