Thursday, April 30, 2009

Be still, my beating heart - I am IN LOVE!!

During the past 7 years of which I have been dressing girls I have many times heard the statements made by parents of boys, "It's a good thing God didn't give me girls or I would be broke!" or some similar statement. It's statements making the point that 1) girls clothes are expensive 2) boys clothes are cheaper 3) boys clothes are boring/girls clothes are more fun 4) it's easy not to overspend on boys 4) girls require more. I will agree that there is slight truth to #4. Girls definitely need more accessories as in bows, shoes, tights, etc. which ultimately does increase the cost of an outfit. But I just can't see where boys clothes are not as fun to buy as girls. But I have a fallen in love with little boys clothes. I know it's because it's new for me and it's so different than shopping for the girls. Also, Nathan has not yet reached the point where we are 80% khaki shorts and polo shirts. I do dread those days and actually hope they never park themselves on my doorstep. I have found myself with some new loves and I'm finding it a little hard to control my pocketbook when it comes to these darling duds. How could you not love cuties dressed like this:



(By the way, Nathan has on this outfit today and he is officially WAY cuter than this model! Of course I am a little biased. )












The first ones are from Boden, to which I am terribly addicted. Ordered some things for myself and the girls and the boy for the first time this winter, but only the items for the boy worked out. And they've been working out ever since. I also love boys clothes from Zutano and Tea, but it's Boden that has captured my heart. Thank goodness those clothes run through large sizes so I can continue to nurse my addiction for a while. Seriously, someone should have warned me that having a boy can break the bank too!

2 comments:

Brandy said...

Seriously I've had to just throw out my Boden catalogs! I too could spend and spend there! They do have cute boys stuff too! But the good thing about that stuff is you can resale it really well... you can get your money back :)

Matt and Jolee said...

I think a lot of it has to do with our 3rd children being the opposite sex from the first two. Like you, I am in heaven only it's with buying girl clothes this time around! Skirts, dresses, bows, bracelets, 50 pairs of shoes, tights, play shirts, dress up shirts, princess dresses, bloomers, leotards..... I love girl stuff! lol :-)