Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I am want to be the Queen!

Maybe I can blame it on the weather. Maybe it's hormones. Maybe it's the 3 kids. Whatever the reason, I don't like it! I have officially become THE QUEEN OF UN-PRODUCTIVITY! (not sure if that's a real word, don't really care.) I can't get out of the funk. I have a ton of things to do, but I'm just completely unmotivated to get them done. Some of the to-do items are just a tad overwhelming, time consuming, or just plain boring. Want to spend a fun day purging files and doing backup on the computer? Nope, didn't think so. I need to start working on a 1st birthday video that I am putting together for Nathan and I am very late to start on a Mother's Day project. It is also time once again to purge through some clothes for the kids and do a Salvation Army run. Their closets are cluttered once again and should have some serious attention paid to them before summer hits. I am turning to the accountability of putting this stuff in writing in a desperate attempt to have something to show at the end of the week. I will check back in with you (all 3 people who read this stuff) on Friday and let you know what wonderful feats I have accomplished! I know that you will be sitting on the edge of your seats...

On a more random note, Happy Anniversary to my grandparents who have been married 60 years as of yesterday. Seriously, 60 years is a LONG time! They were married when they were 16 and 18 years old. Made it through 5 kids (one in prison! - yikes), bankruptcy and a heart attack. Know what the best thing about them is? They NEVER complain about anything and mention the Good Lord in EVERY conversation. Even my 5 year old that has only seen my grandfather about 6 times calls him "that grandpa that talks about Jesus". I love that. So, I did the fun thing and asked them both what was the key to the long successful marriage. Her response was "take it one day at a time and one day you'll realize it's been 60 great years". My grandfather's response? "Your grandmother is the queen and nobody messes with the queen". So, maybe there's my motivation. I don't want to be the queen of UN-PRODUCTIVITY. I just want to be the queen of a 60 year love filled marriage and a life well lived for the Lord. Just to make it a little fun, I want to hear from someone else. What do you think is the key to a long and successful marriage?



1 comment:

Tiffany Schwarz said...

The short and sweet key to a happy marriage for me is FRIENDSHIP. I love spending time with my hubby. I always want his opinion and advice on everything. We love just hanging out with each other. I also need to add that God is a major key when it comes to a great marriage. There's just something wonderful about my hubby when he prays for me or when we pray together. Growing closer to God helps you grow closer together. Well, there you have it. I thought it would be short and sweet. Hopefully it's still sweet.