Thursday, November 12, 2009

A speech from a future president

Tonight, my oldest daughter informed me that she had memorized her first speech that she will give when she becomes President of the United States. I knew this was going to be good stuff, so I grabbed a pencil and paper to document this monumental occasion. Something tells me that we will enjoy reading this "speech" 20 years from now. ;) Here, I have shared the 3 main points of her speech as told by a 9 year old presidential wannabe with my own comments appearing in the italics. Enjoy, and God bless America.

1. I don't care if you vote for me or not, I'm really just here to have fun.
Ha! A candidate would probably be more likely to get my vote if they came out and said something as honest as that statement! Sure, there's the whole pressure of being leader of the free world and all, but let's face it, the job has some perks. Why would someone want to be president anyway unless it was a job that was going to be fun?

2. God has special plans for people's lives and if you vote for me, it will be a part of God's plan.
The wisdom of this astounds me. Yes, God does have special plans for our lives. Thank you Mackenzie for reminding me that God doesn't just have plans for us, but special plans. Yes, no matter who you vote for it is always a part of God's plan. He is always in control, no matter who is sitting in any elected seat. That is why I never really get too worked up over political issues. I will always do my part by voting, praying for our elected officials and staying current on issues, but I am certainly not worried that the government's plan for my life will circumvent God's special plans for me.

3. If you vote for me, we will be in the Guiness Book of World Records - your votes and my picture.
Well, I guess there is a little ego in every politician. What can I say? She's a little obsessed with the World Records right now and I she figures that being president will be the best way to guarantee her a spot in the book. I guess this is a better option than deciding to grow out her toenails or making the world's largest ball of ear wax.


I know I'm biased and all, but I would totally vote for this kid.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Adorable! And awesome job, Mom, for writing down the comments to "remind" her of later...;)