Thursday, January 21, 2010

Derailed


Today I experienced my first derailment in the quest to achieve certain weight loss health and fitness goals this year. A temporary setback.

A traditional New Orleans King Cake sent by my sweet aunt straight from Randazzo's bakery. (Thanks, Aunt Nancy!) These are so yummy and they bring back so many memories of childhood class parties and Mardi Gras celebrations for me. So with no thoughts of treadmills and calories and (gulp), trans fats, we will enjoy our once-a-year treat and pass on a little of my New Orleans heritage to my kids . And yes, they fight over that silly little plastic baby inside just like my brother and I did when we were little. It's tradition.

And tomorrow, this train is back on the rails where it belongs.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Ooh, that looks goooooooooood.