Monday, January 25, 2010

Tropical Getaway

A few days ago my brother called and invited us to go to Cancun for a week on a couples trip. tempting. After talking it over, we decided that due to circumstances (kids, finances, time, work, blah, blah, blah) that we would have to pass. Sometimes it's no fun being a responsible grown up.

Apparently, the idea of a beach themed vacation has not entirely left my mind. When Avery brought home a note reminding parents of the upcoming 100 day of school celebration, I decided to get a little creative with the project. This year we would not just bring a bag of 100 m&m's or make a 100 Fruit Loop necklace. We would do something tropical. Something with blue waters, marine life, palm trees.

May I take a moment to introduce you to 100 Marshmallows Island?





It's the closest we're getting to a tropical getaway for a while.

1 comment:

My name is Sara. said...

Shannon what a neat idea! Hope all is well in your neck of the woods. See yall Sunday? Call me if you and Marty want to go on a "tropical" date in the big Fort Smith!