Friday, May 7, 2010

Gunpowder and Lead

WhooHoo!! Do I have a super fun date night scheduled and on the books! Marty and I love to go to concerts together. We've seen Kenny Chesney (3 times), Keith Urban (2 times), Lady Antebellum, Celine Dion, Gary Allen, Carrie Underwood, John Mayer, Faith Hill, Tim McGraw....Are you noticing the country theme? Yes, we like country music, but that is usually the biggest concerts that come relatively close to our small town. However, this month, Miranda Lambert is actually coming to our town and playing her own show. We saw her last May and she was awesome and put on a super fun set. I was lucky enough to score 2nd row seats to this show in a few weeks. We have a lot of things going on around here dealing with our extended families and all of the end of the school year activities, so we are both looking forward to a night out with some great friends and my sister.

One of my favorite songs by Miranda is her current hit, "The House that Built Me." Having to move away from 3 of my childhood homes, I can relate so much. Love, love this girl!



1 comment:

Valerie said...

LOVED that! I have been listening to country a lot lately (the warm weather always makes me change the dial to country more often), but I hadn't heard that one yet. Loved the song, loved the video. Thanks for sharing!