Monday, April 11, 2011

Say Cheese!

This week I am hitting the road for a girls-only trip! To say that I NEVER do these is quite an understatement. It's so difficult to plan time and money away just for myself, but I am so excited about it! I am joining a few ladies in my family for a celebration of my mother-in-law's 70th birthday. She has always wanted to see the Grand Canyon, so we are going to rough it in Las Vegas for a few days. Staying in a suite at the Wynn, taking a champagne lunch helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon, shopping, and a little Jersey Boys show to boot. That's a nice contrast to this past weekend which has been spent nursing double ear infections for my boy and a nasty sinus infection for yours truly.

Due to my sinus issues, I have needed someone to tell me when my boy needs a-changin'. (No, he is still not potty trained. I don't want to talk about it.) Tonight, my husband informed me that something was stinking and a clean up on aisle 3 was needed pronto. Knowing he has a, ahem, slight aversion to dirty diapers, I asked him if he was going to be able to handle all of the dirty changes while I was gone to Vegas. His response? "I've got it all under control. I'm going to feed him cheese. Lots and lots of cheese." :/ Seriously. He should write a parenting book.

HOW TO NOT CHANGE A DIRTY DIAPER FOR 4 DAYS!!
(a look at cheese and it's many functions)
by super dad Marty

No wonder he's a mama's boy.

No comments: