Sunday, April 3, 2011

Today

Today I....

.....laughed all day at the scene that first greeted me this morning. We have been having a minor issue with our neighbor's dogs digging under our fence to come visit our kids & pets. This morning, when Marty got up to let our dog out, he opened our bedroom patio door at 6:30a.m., wearing only his, ahem, skivvies, and was unexpectedly greeted by our neighbor who was retrieving his wandering dog. They exchanged a few embarrassed exchanges, he got his dog, and went on his merry way. But seriously, what was he doing in our backyard at 6:30? Weird Duck.

....spent a few hours in a room filled with 13, yes,THIRTEEN two year olds. Nine of them were boys. We learned that our son is very tall and bossy, he's not the only almost 3 year old that is not potty trained, and he is protective of his big sisters when his friends are wrestling them or trying to chase them. I think he even used the phrase, "I'll keep you safe, sissy." ahhhh.....There's a good heart lurking under all those temper tantrums he's been sporting.

....had some time to catch up on my backlog of magazines. The October issue of Real Simple had some great pumpkin recipes, but the "How To Wear a Chunky Sweater" article did me no good at all.

.....talked to my mom for an hour about little girl's shoes and dresses, laptop covers, and patio remodels. Every girl should have a mother or daughter with whom they can discuss such important things. Those conversations are one of God's greatest little blessings.

....finally feel like I'm turning the corner on this allergy/bronchitis/cold thing that has been hosting a party in my sinus cavities. I could talk all day long and only hacked and coughed for about half of my waking hours. If this healing trend does not continue tomorrow, I'm going to the doctor. I've got stuff to do man, and losing my lungs ain't one of them.

....have been toying with the idea of hosting a weekly ladies lunch/Bible study in the fall. Now, I don't want to lead the study, just host it. I'm feeling the need to use what God has provided for us (creepy neighbor aside, a beautiful home for entertaining), and maybe provide a way to foster closer relationships and deeper Bible study. Moms are usually so busy serving and mothering that it's hard to fit in some quality girl time. I know there are local MOPS groups, which are great, but I'm thinking something a little more intimate. If you take part in a study similar to this, I would love to hear about it! If you live in my area and have any thoughts and/or ideas or would pray about LEADING a study, please message me and let me know!

....stayed up too late. Again.

No comments: