Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The first step

Admitting you have a problem is the first step....right?

Well, I'm going to be the first one to admit that I may have a slight addiction. 2 weeks ago, I stepped away from my Google Reader. I didn't set out to take a break from blog reading, but for 1 week, that is what happened. I was reading a great book too busy and it actually felt good to let the blogs go for a couple of days. However, there is always a price to pay...

This is what my account looked like when I signed back in.

Yikes! 479 blogs?? I had only taken 5 or so days "off", which means I must read close to 100 blogs a day! No wonder I have no time for my own blog. ;) To my benefit, I subscribe to many blogs that I don't actually read, but just scan for info. Or some of them are just funny stuff like Cake Wrecks and Awkward Family Photos that literally take me 30 seconds to read.

Of course I still read the one blogger that started me down this treacherous path, everybody's favorite: the Pioneer Woman. I've been reading her blog for over 3 years now, and this November, I'm getting the chance to meet her! She is coming to our city for a benefit luncheon and I have tickets! I'm excited to see her new cookbook and even more excited to meet her in person and hear her speak. She has such an fun life story!

I know I'm not alone in this addiction. Anyone else have a blog reader on overdrive? And don't get me started on Pinterest. I do not have a problem wasting time on Pinterest. Repeat. I do not have a problem wasting time on Pinterest. Repeat...I do not have a problem....


2 comments:

Amy said...

I didn't know PW was coming here!!! When?!?! Where?!?!?

Party of Five said...

Amy, PW will be here Friday, Nov. 4th for a luncheon to benefit the Bonneville house. She is speaking and a chef is cooking her food. Courtney W. and I are going - you should come too!