Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A little kitchen work

Today is an exciting day! We are finally having our granite countertops installed! YEA!! It's been on our "list" for 3 1/2 years, since we moved into our house. We put it off for so long because it never seemed the right time to deal with all the mess.

Here's a before shot of my kitchen:
I love so much about it. The layout, the island, my kitchen sink window, the desk.
What I don't love about it is this tile. It really dates my kitchen, but more importantly because the grout is so wide and the tile is very grooved, it just never feels clean. I've had it sealed and steamed, and everything else you can imagine, but it just can't stand up to the mess of our family.
So, today it looks like this:
But tonight it should look like this:
Earth & Wood traditional kitchen


Well, not quite just like that. ;) Our new tile backsplash won't be in for another week or so. Stay tuned for the final reveal!


1 comment:

Leslie said...

It's going to look beautiful! I too have decided that I hate tile. The tile floors in our rental house were installed incorrectly, so that grout is too wide and deep, and they left the spacers in between the tiles so chunks of grout are constantly breaking off and leaving big gaps, so it really is impossible to clean! Makes me crazy. I've decided that I want wood or stained concrete or something without cracks in my future home!