Wednesday, October 20, 2010

3 things I learned today....

1. If you ever must take a drug test, do not bring your toddler son to the appointment with you. They will not allow him into the bathroom with you for fear that you would take his urine and pass it off as your own clean sample.

2. If you are having problems with your DVR and the cable serviceman comes to your home to work on said DVR unit, it's a good idea to watch the 43 shows you have recorded BEFORE he walks out the door with your entire recorded seasons of Lost, the Real Housewives of D.C., and the Big Bang Theory. Goodbye best episode ever of Crossroads featuring John Mayer/Keith Urban that I've had recorded since May. I miss you already.

3. If you spend a large portion of your day playing Legos with your little boy, talking with your bff for almost 2 hours, and rubbing your new puppy's belly, you will feel like a failure for getting no tangible, visible, work accomplished, but your heart will overflow with joy and your burdens will be instantly lighter.

Can't wait to see what I learn tomorrow!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Drug test -- that made me think of the funny story I have about taking an online questionnaire with 67 questions about drug use in the workplace for my Anthro job and screwing up majorly on one of the answers...;)

Party of Five said...

You need to do a blog post about it! I hope you are enjoying your anthro job. If I ever make it over to T-town (Christmas shopping?) I'm definitely making a stop there!