Tuesday, October 26, 2010

He has overcome

Yesterday was the anniversary of the death of a childhood friend who died 2 days after giving birth to twin boys last year. Sunday, my husband took his father to the emergency room because he was overcome with pain from cancer. Sunday, I watched my sister-in-law host a birthday party for her son as she was holding my niece who was having a seizure. The diagnosis of her short life span is becoming reality as she faces more health issues. There are so many reasons for us to be sad, but yet we have more reasons to rejoice. Sadness comes from a place of love. If we did not love the people in our lives so deeply, there would be no reason to be sad. We also know that every circumstance is by God's design. Even when we do not understand the will or the reasoning of God, there is comfort to know that God's peace is never ending. I know that we are not the only family to be touched by sadness. Many families are facing difficult circumstances. But not every family faces difficult times surrounded by God's peace. If for some reason you are reading this and you do not personally know God's love or the comfort of knowing that this life does not end with death, I would love to talk with you about my experiences. There is no circumstance that God's love and peace cannot overcome.

A friend posted this video to facebook the other day and I just love it. Not only is the message amazing, but the stop motion use of Lite Bright is just too cool.


No comments: