Thursday, January 27, 2011

Beverly Hills, Roses, Idols and Football

I was proud to start off this year watching very little tv. Many of the shows I used to watch are over or they have just not sustained my interest.

However.

I have been totally sucked into the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills drama. I have been a faithful watcher of almost all of the RH series, but these ladies really take the cake. The houses, the parties, the lifestyles, the lack of manners. I find it all so fascinating in a glad I'm sitting on my couch in my boring life in boring middle America kind of way. All the money in the world wouldn't tempt me to trade places with any of them. The reunion show is tonight, and it's going to get ugly.
I sure hope Lisa's husband is not talking about Cedric, because they were sooo good to him.

Let's talk about the Bachelor. I haven't watched this show in at least 5 years. I have actually been a very proud NON watcher. Never got caught up in who was getting a rose, who was on a date, blah, blah, blah. Not this year. For whatever reason, I watched one silly episode, and now, I'm hooked. I love Emily like the rest of America, but I think she can do much better than Brad. Michelle is definitely looney tunes material, but it makes for some "can't look away" television.

I was dead set against watching American Idol this year. Last season was terrible, I am not a fan of J Lo or Steven Tyler, Simon was gone. I was just over it. When was the last time anyone really good won anyway? Kris Allen from Arkansas? Of course. Then I watched this clip that was on some news sites today.
Pretty sure I teared up watching this. That boy is one of a kind, and now, I just want him to win. And the way Steven Tyler interacted with his fiance just made him my favorite judge. I'm still not sure if I'm going to watch the rest of the season, but that clip just increased those odds considerably.

Last, but not least, is a show that I have heard wonderful things about for a while, but I never really had an opportunity to watch. With the addition of my new iPad (thank you so, sweetie!), I can now stream it from Netflix and watch it almost anytime, anywhere.Once I realized it was a character drama (LOST, I still miss you!) and not primarily about football, I was hooked. And I'm only on the 3rd episode! And maybe now that real football season is almost over, I can talk my hubby into watching it with me. I sense a marathon FNL weekend in the future...

So much for not watching any T.V.! Which shows are on your radar? New shows, old shows, reality shows? Just please tell me I'm not the only one waiting for Monday night to see who gets another stupid rose.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Yeah, I watched that same AI clip online today -- talk about a decent guy. I definitely teared up.

Wendy said...

I totally agree with everything you said about the Bachelor and American Idol(literally - every word)! And I'm secretly addicted to the Housewives, too....although I can't stand the confrontation so I'm not sure if I'll be able to watch tonight! :)

I'm convinced, though, that if you watch the first episode of just about any reality show you'll get hooked!!

Ashley said...

Love Emily and was hoping she wins, but now I changed my mind. I totally agree with you that she is too good for Brad. Hopefully she will lose and get to be the next Bachelorette. I was hoping the same thing for Jillian a couple of seasons ago. I am a huge American Idol fan and I thought I would hate new judges and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them! If only Steven Tyler could keep his random screaming outbursts too himself!