Monday, January 31, 2011

Picnics and Snowstorms

Last Friday our weather was beautiful. Absolutely perfect. Sunny and 72 degrees. After being cooped up for so long, the kids just wanted to be outside. We made a quick stop at Sonic for an after school snack with the intent of an impromptu picnic on the lawn.I know I should be serving some organic, sugar free cookies and carrots or something natural and healthy, but really, all a kid needs sometimes is a grape slush and some cheese sticks to be happy.By the way, what is it that kids do at school all day to come home looking so...disheveled. Is recess so frenzied that it destroys my 30 minute flat iron sessions every day? And the poor boy is in desperate need of a haircut. Write that down as another thing I'm learning about boys - they need their hair cut frequently.
One day he will look at childhood pictures of himself and ask me why nothing in our home was blue or red or green. Hand me downs. They work even in pink.

Tomorrow we are expecting another snow/ice storm. Not too happy about this development. I am scheduled to get my wood floors installed over the next 2 days and a house full of displaced furniture, no TV, 3 animals inside, 3 kids home from school, sleet and show outside and men hammering away on flooring doesn't mix well. I may need to stock up on some extra-strength headache meds along with my bread and milk before the ice hits. This town goes crazy with everyone buying milk, bread, and eggs for 2 days before a storm. Seriously, the stores will be sold out of bread and milk. It's like everyone thinks we're going to be housebound for a week and we won't be able to satisfy our french toast cravings. I think we're just going to hope that Sonic will still be open.

No comments: