Thursday, July 28, 2011

The cooking extravaganza has continued this week. It's been a week of experimenting - I made a goal to make no meal that I have made before. So here's what's been on the menu: (and yes, they are almost all PW recipes)
bowtie lasagna - this was tasty, everyone liked it and it would be an easy soccer night meal

I made these PW Marlboro Man sandwiches and they just didn't impress me. Or even the hubby. I think they would be great with high quality beef, like a sirloin, but the cube steak just isn't my favorite type of beef.

This watermelon granita is my favorite thing this week. You take an entire watermelon, cut it into chunks, add some lime juice and a little sugar. Put in a blender or food processor then freeze for one hour. Scrape the mixture to shave the ice in one hour increments for 3-4 hours and you're done! So easy. I've been eating it all week and my kids love it too.

Gazpacho = delicious. This is dinner tonight with a little grilled chicken.
In the meantime, my oldest girl has been at camp all week, and judging from the few pics I have received via facebook, she's having a grand ol' time hanging out by the snack shak. Avery and I had a girls day where we got pedicures, went to lunch, and bought all of her school supplies. I think she enjoyed the pedicure the most!
We spent last weekend at Lake Ouachita with my brother and his wife. We always have such a great time with them. My brother is great with my girls and loves to take them tubing. Of course I forgot my camera, so these are the only pics I took from the entire weekend.
We finished up the weekend with my nephew's birthday party. My sister-in-law is so talented. His cake was amazing!

Hope your week has been filled with yummy food and good times too!


1 comment:

Leslie said...

I'm glad we weren't the only ones who didn't love the Marlboro Man sandwich! We were disappointed!