Thursday, July 7, 2011

Yea! A new blog post!

I cannot believe I have not posted since May 19th! No going back, just going to pick up and run with it. Summer is in full swing and it hasn't been until this week that boredom has set in. We copied my friend Valerie's idea of creating a summer "bucket list" and that has been so much fun for everyone. We all threw in ideas and contributed, so there is a lot of personal satisfaction when items are crossed off. It helps give a little focus to summer as well.
We have almost completed Nathan's swimming lessons (he's done fantastic!), enjoyed VBS, and spent a wonderful vacation at the beach. We had a wonderful, mostly relaxing time. As I took over 600 pictures (ridiculous, I know), I am taking my time sorting through them all. I desperately tried for a decent pic of all 3 kids. Ha-ha. There is no such thing. Here's the best I could achieve on our designated picture night:
Um... yeah, not good. Most pictures looked like this:
so, I guess it's all relative, right?

On our last night of the beach, we found a huge deserted sand castle and an impromptu game of "king of the world" became Nathan's favorite thing. In a rare moment of sympathy for the crazy lady behind the camera all week, they managed to look the same direction at one time.
Sure, they are spaced too far apart, beach hair is everywhere, nobody matches, they are all 3 covered in sand, but I love this picture. This is my kiddos in real life - all messy, but (usually) smiling. Eventually I'll get around to sharing some of the great individual pics I took, but for now, this one is my favorite!


2 comments:

Amy said...

Yay!!!! You're back!!! Love the pics. I prefer real life photos to staged ones any day of the week. ;)

Valerie said...

Check out that BEAUTY of a bucket list!!! And I'm so glad you've returned to the land of blogging. ;)