Friday, July 8, 2011

iPhone clean up

Ever since I got a phone with a decent camera, I find myself forgetting that I have pictures tucked away on my phone that need to be downloaded. So here's a little iPhone picture reveal. Enjoy!
Picture of my dad's new car. It's pretty swanky and if I wasn't toting around 3 kids, I'd love one myself. So happy for my dad - he deserves nothing but the best!
Picture of the pool at our gym where we spend more time swimming than working out. Maybe not the best plan. :)
Pic of Avery and her sweet friends at VBS. She had a great time that week and made the decision to be baptized! We still have to plan the date, but I am excited she wants to show her friends and family that she accepted Jesus into her heart last December.
My girls and one of Mackenzie's good friends from VBS. I spent the week working with 4th graders and they blessed me so much that week. I had the privilege of counseling this sweet girl to accept Christ that week and it has been the highlight of my summer by far. Just a sweet reminder that when you serve - you are always blessed in return!
Beach tanning practice. Enough said.

On our trip south to the beach, we passed miles and miles of cornfields. Somewhere along hour number 6, a dare was thrown down that I would shuck some corn from the side of the road if Marty pulled over. Let's just say I won that dare and I can add "shucked corn" to my list of accomplishments.

Remember those 600+ beach pictures? This is the ONLY pic of Marty and myself that made it home. Sad. It's an ok pic, but there's not even a beach in the shot. Oh well, maybe next time.

Our favorite meal from our beach trip happened here: at George's at Alys beach. We stopped in on a whim and it will now be a must do for following trips. Oh, and the following week I saw online that Katherine Heighl and her husband ate here as well. Good taste!
2nd favorite meal from Destin is Pompano Joes. Sometimes I think their grilled crab legs are 75% of the reason my husband agrees to go back to Destin. :)
Apparently this is how you play dress up when you mom gets rid of all of your princess dress up clothes because you are "too old". I say this version uses a lot more creative brain cells, is totally original and beats a too small Cinderella dress by far!
4th of July was traumatic for Lexi. Terrified of the fireworks, she escaped from our house and ran away. This pic was taken the next morning, after she had found her way home. With those eyes, I think she was ignoring the scolding she was getting for running away.
A few nights ago, Nathan had a dream that involved a ghost. For the past 4 days, he has refused to go into his room because of this ghost. Bedtimes have been a challenge. Last night he agreed to sleep in his bed, but only upside down and with every light on. Sigh. He's hamming for the camera here in an attempt to keep me in his room longer. Love that boy.

Well folks, that represents a a handful of our on-the-fly pics. It's a blogging jackpot - boring vacation photos AND blurry iPhone pics! Consider it your 2 for 1 special and have a fabulous weekend!


No comments: