Thursday, March 3, 2011

a bulleted list (aka lame blog title)

*Our hardwood floor installation is finally finished! It looks so beautiful and as an added bonus, I now get to live life with a broom attached to my hip. It completely changed the look of our house and I am thrilled to be rid of carpet!

*I have spent this week cleaning out closets and pricing clothes for our local HUGE kid's consignment sale. It's always such a pain, but I enjoy getting some money out of outgrown clothes and my closets and drawers get cleaned out in the process, so it's a can't lose situation. I always get a little teary to see my kid's clothes leave. It makes me sad to realize how much they have grown and to see the progression from baby clothes to toddler wear to big girl dresses. Before long it will be high heels and prom dresses. Sigh.

*We have an exciting adventure to Washington D.C. coming up very soon. We are leaving Avery and Nathan behind (cue guilt filled music here) and taking Mackenzie with us to Marty's business trip to D.C. She is extremely excited at the idea of such a big trip. I am excited to get away for a while and I am already anticipating the history lesson overload. Marty and Mackenzie both love history and politics. They can't wait to experience all of the monuments and museums, while I am looking forward to not cooking, finding some good sushi and maybe do a little shopping. What I am most excited about is getting to spend a lot of one on one time with Mackenzie. As a parent of 3, it's always difficult to give each child their own uninterrupted time. I am dreading the time when she thinks her parents know nothing and considers it an embarrassment to hang out with us. So I am planning to soak up every minute and make some great memories for us. After the most difficult past 6 months, that has been one of my greatest desires for this year: that we would create some meaningful family memories for our kids. We are well on
our way!

*I love my iPad more than a person should probably love an electronic device. Then, iPad 2 comes out. I am not one to chase after the latest and greatest, but I kinda want an iPad 2 just for the chance to buy this $39 cover.
Well played, Apple Marketing Team, well played.

*I didn't blog much in February. A disheveled house, sick kids, and snow days will do that to a person. However, we did have a lot of blog worthy moments. My favorite night was Valentine's Day. I had decided to stay home and cook a fancy dinner for the kids and actually use our formal dining room and china. The girls dressed up, Marty put on some dinner music, and a little impromptu pre-dinner dancing materialized. The food was good, the talk was better, the dirty dishes were horrendous, and the memories were priceless. (See bullet point #3.) I think this may become an annual event. I would love it if one day in the future the girls would invite their dates over for our Valentine dinner. Probably not going to happen though. (See bullet point #3 again.)

*Our 6 month old border collie is driving us insane and is the sweetest dog ever. The end.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shannon, I love reading your posts. I can just see your smiling face as I read them. Couldn't help but think of you and Kelly when I saw the cute pic of your precious girls. You have a lovely little family and I know you are a sweet blessing to each of them! Love you, Delbra