Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring Break: Day 3

Today was a productive day for mom! Laundry done, floors mopped, bathrooms cleaned and 3 home cooked meals. We ran a few errands, one of which was getting my youngest girl's hair cut by about 3 inches. Although she is not thrilled with the shorter 'do, she is so beautiful and it instantly made her look so much older. (Sniff.) With summer and swimming around the corner, it was definitely the right call. Speaking of swimming, we are so blessed to have great neighbors with a sweet girl living across the street from us. They also have an indoor swimming pool. (I know, kinda strange, right?) They are gracious enough to invite our girls to swim all the time. Tonight was a pizza and pool night, so my girls spent the evening swimming, eating, and laughing.

In the meantime, little man and I spent some quality time in the dirt. We planted our first row of the garden: basil, cilantro, arugula, and strawberries. We are waiting a little longer to plant our tomato plants 1)to make sure our crazy weather has truly pushed us into spring, and 2) to make sure our crazy dog stays away from the garden. Nathan loves to help and talked my ear off the entire time. The phrases repeated at random:
Mommy, I'm a good helper.
Nathan is a big boy.
I can do this myself.
Nathan does a good job.
I sure am doing great.

Over and over and over. It's nice to see the kid has inherited his dad's lack of self-doubt. Check out the too big "borrowed from the girls" gardening gloves and the swollen, red, allergy suffering eyes. This boy melts my heart. :)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I can't wait to see a picture of Avery's hair. Nathan is getting so big! Surely spring break was longer than 3 days...