Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring Break: Day 1

Have you heard of project 365? You know, where you post a pic showcasing every day for one year? That's way too much commitment for me. However, I thought it might be fun to capture some pics of our spring break staycation this way. As much as I would love to be in Colorado, the beach, or even in good ol' STL visiting my parents, it was a good decision for us to stay home. I have been sick (thank you allergy season) and my kids are enjoying some downtime. Courtesy of my 5 year old digital point and shoot so please excuse the quality, this is what today has produced:

This girl loves her some Harry Potter. This winter, I let her buy a Harry t-shirt and judging by how often she wears it, I'm pretty sure it's her favorite article of clothing. Of course, she is watching a HP movie for the umpteenth time. I'm not sure who is more excited for July and the last HP movie- the kid or her mother. ;) Oh, and don't my wood floors look great? Love them!

Some days Play-doh is the worst $10 you can spend, and some days it's the best bang for your buck. On a beautiful, mild, sunny day like today, with the friendly neighbor available for play, it can easily occupy a few hours of time. Just what a mother girl needs!

This poor boy usually falls asleep every day in the girl's school pick up line. It seems his optimal nap time is usually between 2-4, and there is never a day that he gets a complete nap. Hopefully this week, he will get completely well rested. Would you be shocked if I said he was the sweetest, most obedient, angel when he gets his sleep?

With all of the kiddos occupied, I've even had a little time to indulge in this:
I'm halfway through this gem of a book and I already know it's one of my favorites. Such an inspiring story. I still have no idea how it ends, and I hope I'm not disappointed. Don't let the fact that it is non-fiction steer you away. It is an amazing story told in a compelling voice that makes you wish you had a free day or two to be immersed completely.

So, are you doing something really exciting for Spring Break? Or are you taking it slow and easy hanging out at home? Inquiring minds want to know!


a style="font-style: italic;" href="http://www.mylivesignature.com/" target="_blank">

No comments: