Saturday, August 6, 2011

Party Filled Weekend!

I don't think we could stuff this weekend with any more activity.

First off (and most importantly) I am hosting a baby shower for my sister-in-law, Ashley, and my yet to be born nephew, Cash! The gifts have been wrapped, the diaper wreath made. We are ready to celebrate! I can't wait to see my brother's reaction to all the baby stuff invading his household. He kinda sorta doesn't like clutter. Ha! Babies and clutter go together like PB&J.

Also on the agenda is attending my husband's 20 year high school reunion. Blah. I am not a fan of these things. We attended the same high school, but graduated 2 years apart and ran in very different circles. My husband loved his high school years - they are his "glory days", and he can't wait to catch up with 200 of his "close friends". My high school experience was fun, but I walked away with 3-4 really great friends, whom I still talk to on a regular basis today. Not sure I need to spend $150 and a sweaty night at a local bar to get caught up with them. I think we should put the $150 and babysitter time into planning a girls weekend instead! Anyway, it will be tolerable fun and will, at the very least, be a night out with no kids.

We are also celebrating my dad's 60th birthday this weekend. He truly is the best dad and has been through some pretty big life changes recently in the job and health department. We are so thankful that God has provided for him. When I was little, the most important thing he taught me was that God is always in control and has a plan for your life. The biggest thing he taught me this week? That God is always in control and has a plan for my life. My dad is the most faithful man I know. We are excited to celebrate with my parents this weekend!

I'm sure I will have pictures of this weekend that will be forthcoming. Did I mention I am taking an online photography course? It is by ashleyannphotography.com and I have already learned so much! It makes me want to pick up my camera all the time now.

Hope your weekend is as fun filled as ours!


2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm so jealous!!! Didn't know you were doing SnapShops...or whatever she calls it. My camera can function somewhat like a dslr but since I don't ave a real one no class for me. sigh. ;) I get to meet her next month & I'm so excited!!! Let me know how you like the class. Give me details!

Party of Five said...

Amy, I am taking the 3 week online snapshot class. I have learned a lot and I think I finally understand how to actually use my camera. She explains things in simple ways and I am jealous you are getting to meet her! What event are you going to? I can't wait to hear about it!