Monday, August 8, 2011

Where my kids at?

It's project week! Also known as "My kids have left the state to visit their grandparents and now I have energy to tackle some projects that have been left on the back burner for too long" week! Yes, I still have my little guy running around since only his sisters went to STL, but he is quite used to being my shadow and is easily entertained. Yesterday we shopped for all of our project supplies and we were ready to tackle the to-do list!

Here's a glimpse of the day:
Spent an hour at school getting all my PTA treasurer books ready for next year
Michaels and Lowes for supplies
repainted kid's bathroom
watched 4 episodes of Real Housewives of New Jersey (I'm getting caught up on the season)
repaired a broken desk drawer with wood glue
cleaned out Mackenzie's room and closet, packed away clothes for Avery
Ahh...much better. And yes those are pics of Harry Potter and friends above her bed. In case you didn't know, she's kinda obsessed a fan. I always clean out my kids' rooms when they are not home and I usually tackle them 4 times a year: before/or right after school starts, before Christmas, spring time, and before the last day of school. It's funny how the problem areas in their rooms reflects their personalities. Mackenzie probably has 200+ books in her room. Of course she won't part with any of them, so we have to get creative with storage or it becomes cluttered real fast. Avery is over run with clothes. Right now she can fit into almost anything size 6-8, but her closet get stuffed with clothes she is not ready to part with and clothes of Mackenzie's that are still too big for her. Nathan's biggest challenge is Legos and blocks. Easy enough. In my 3 years experience comparing boys to girls, girls will win the messy room award every time. We'll see if this holds true going forward!

Today's list looks like this:
pay bills and balance check book
framing project for kids hallway
catch up on all emails and blog reading
hang new pictures in my living room
finish reading my book
update all PTA spreadsheets for new year
Nathan gets a haircut
Attend open house at girl's school

Hope my parents are enjoying their time with the girls! They will be worn out after this week for sure. :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

I can't believe how much you accomplished w/ little man still around! I'm amazed at all I gnt done w/ only 1 kiddo. Why wasn't I more productive when I only had 1?!?! I'm in the organizational/cleaning mode as well. Yay!!