Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Photo practice

I mentioned on a recent post that I am taking an online photography course. I hesitate to mention it because 1) I don't want my amateur pictures judged or scrutinized for improvement and 2) I don't want to sound like I'm trying to be some for real photographer. But that's one of the reasons I have enjoyed this class. It's not about being a great photographer at all, but it's more about how to capture a moment vs. an event and how to take your digital SLR camera off the auto setting and actually use the manual settings. And how to use natural light to your advantage. With those things in mind, I took advantage of time with just my little guy last week and tried to capture a moment.
Of course these pictures are not perfect by any means (check out the blur!), but I love these pictures so much. They totally capture his little boy "play mode". And for good measure, the cat became a model as well.

I am happy to report that the girls are back home and all is right in our vibrant, noisy home. We are enjoying the last few days before school. We all may or may not have slept in until 9:00 this morning. It's going to be a tough transition!



2 comments:

Leslie said...

Are you doing Ashley Campbell's Snap Shop? If so, she is fantastic! She and her hubby are friends of ours from OBU!

Party of Five said...

Yes, I am Leslie! What a small world! And another fellow Bison, at that. She is so talented. I would love to be able to take her class in person!