Sunday, August 28, 2011

PowerPoint Proposition

Mackenzie has a birthday in a few weeks and there is only 1 item on her list. She doesn't care much about a party or a cake this year. Only this:

She wants an iTouch in the worst way possible. Of course, she really wants a phone, but we have informed her there is no way she is getting a phone. I'm putting that purchase off for as long as I can! In the discussions about an iTouch, we have put forth many rules and stipulations. Since she will have internet access and the ability to text, it makes me kinda nervous. Here's a few of our rules:

It must be placed in the kitchen at 9:00 every night and left there until morning.
She may not bring it to school.
We are allowed to check texts and browsing history at any time.
It must be put away at the dinner table.

I'm sure we'll develop more over time. If any of you have any suggestions to add to this list, I would love to hear them. Mackenzie has spent her time assuring us that she is responsible and able to handle the restrictions. To emphasize this point, one day she created this Power Point project. She created the entire thing by herself with pictures included. Marty was so impressed that he said he would have bought her an iTouch that night if we didn't already have one sitting in my closet waiting for her birthday.



My personal favorites are #6 with the inclusion of a picture of Miley Cyrus as a reasonable teen, and #7 with the reason illustrated by the girl sitting by herself and the word "lonely". I love the implications that if she doesn't get an iTouch, she will equate herself with the girl under that tree. She makes me laugh. And she's brilliant, because this totally won us over. Which number is your favorite?

4 comments:

Leslie said...

I love that it was written with "her own blood and sweat" and that she won't become addicted "like her dad." She is hilarious...and kind of a genius! :)

Valerie said...

#15 made me chuckle. What a gal -- can she teach me how to do PowerPoint? ;)

Amy said...

I'm still laughing that Marty said he'd buy her one right then...except you already had one. That is soooo Brian!!! lol. I'm so impressed with her right now. Power Point?? Seriously???? Wow. You can stop planning for retirement. Her job at NASA should be enough to support you guys as well. ;) ha.

Tricia @ Saving room for dessert said...

I think I love No. 16! She is a good negotiator :) Great post