Saturday, November 22, 2008

Dates, Dirt and Dedication

This weekend has been a lot of fun, but really busy. After having a few "at home" weekends, it has thrown me a little to have a jam packed weekend again. Started off super fun with Marty and I actually having a real date night (thanks Susan!) complete with dinner, a movie, and no kids for 5 hours! Went to see Twilight, which I loved (more on that later) and dinner at Olive Garden because we had a few gift certificates that we needed to cash in. Total cost of the night - $18. That was the best part!

I found out last minute that our church small group is meeting at our house this Sunday night which means it was time to get serious about some cleaning around here. I tried super hard to actually get all of the laundry done today, but I truly don't believe that is possible in a house of 5. Especially difficult with a certain 5 year old that loves to change clothes 3-4 times a day! (I wonder if this is a personality trait that will carry on through the teenage years? Yikes!)

Tomorrow morning is Nathan's baby dedication at church. I am pretty excited about it and the girls are thrilled to be standing at the front of the church with the family. I turned in some super cute pictures for his slideshow (pics by my two bff photographers, Tiffany and Michelle - more on them later too!). We are headed to the in-laws house for lunch too, which is always a nice treat.

That's it for the weekend, but there is definitely more to come. I am determined to meet my 30 posts in November goal. Fortunately, I have several topics in mind, which should make it easier: my sister is coming to visit, Thanksgiving, and Christmas shopping and decorations. Stay tuned!

No comments: