Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Today, I give up.

I admit defeat. Not proudly, but raising the white flag of failure anyway. I had a list. A big long to do list for today. At the top were vits. VERY IMPORTANT THINGS. Things like laundry, clean bathroom, mop the floors, dust. Oh my goodness, my house is a mess. And no, I am not just saying that and in reality, it's a little messy. I mean a real mess. Too many days of putting things off has caught up with me. So, I had big plans for today. My house would reek of lysol and febreeze, I could see the bottom of the laundry room floor, the dishwasher, washing machine and dryer would all be empty. However, this was not to be. One phone call with my best friend discussing the important things of life (and who wouldn't rather chat with their bff instead of cleaning a bathroom? You'd have to be crazy.), one phone call with my hubby, one phone call with my mom, and one very clingy baby boy have derailed me. Can't get him to take a nap, doesn't want to play on the floor, swing, bouncy seat. Only wants me to hold him. Tried to nurse him, but all he wants to do then is fall asleep. Let his backside hit the mattress though and it's bright blue eyes all over again. So today, I am putting aside the vits. The list will have to wait and family members will have to be patient, because the only important thing for me to do today is hold my baby. Suddenly the white flag doesn't feel like failure, but like a sweet precious gift sent from my Father who knows that a clean bathroom never makes my heart sing like this....

No comments: